The covid-19 is a new disease that is caused by a new virus. Here is a run through of everything you need to know about this pandemic.
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause disease in animals. Seven, including the new virus, have made the jump to humans. The source of the coronavirus is believed to be from a wet market in Wuhan which sold both dead and live animals including fish and birds.
2. How does the virus spread
- It can spread from human to human contact
- It can spread through through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- It can also be spread by touching the surface of an contaminated object.
3. What are the symptoms
- Dry cough.
- Difficulty breathing
- Aches and body pains
- Sore throat
- Occasionally diarrhoea, nausea and a runny nose
4. How to prevent
- Self isolated
- Stay within 6 feet distance of an another individual
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and sanitize
- Wear a mask if you are out in public
- Practice social distancing and refrain from attending events with large group of people.
Do not panic and maintain personal hygiene at all time! Remember to keep yourself updated with the latest official updates.